Thursday, August 24, 2017

Special Delivery - Baby's 1st Year August Layout ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi there! Today I'm sharing a more 'traditional' layout with you that I created for the Creative Embellishments DT! I decided it was high time that I got around to scrapbooking monthly layouts for 'Baby's First Year' (my son just turned 7, so better late than never)! I love mixed media scrapbooking, but for the baby album I wanted to go with a simpler, more traditional style - especially since I want the pages to fit inside the album! I've used a combination of several Graphic 45 paper collections (A Place in Time, Children's Hour, Mother Goose, and Precious Memories) to create this layout.
I think this layout is a great example of how just a couple of pieces of chipboard can really 'make' the page - I've used two of the leafy branches from the Chipboard Branches (set of 3), which I painted with acrylic paint in tones to match the papers. I used a dark brown for the branches and sponged two tones of green onto the leaves. Then, I used the branches to 'suspend' the fussy-cuts from the Mother Goose papers on the page - the two branches frame the central portion of the layout to direct your eye to the picture. Here are some different angles and close-ups of the chipboard elements.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you liked my first 'Baby's First Year' layout - only eleven more to go!

No comments: