Tuesday, January 16, 2018

"It's Elementary" - Passport Size Planner/Journal ~ Creative Embellishments

Happy New Year! Today, I'm sharing a little project to help keep me organized this year - a Passport-size Planner/Journal using the amazing Creative Embellishments Passport Journal Cover. I used the Graphic 45 Master Detective collection to decorate the journal cover - all the papers are inked with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. I've made this little journal in a Traveler's Notebook style so that I can update/replace the calendar/notebook as needed!
I'm calling this Notebook "It's Elementary" as I love everything 'Sherlock Holmes' related - and it is elementary that I NEED something like this little planner to keep my organized throughout the year. I covered the notebook with papers from the 12x12 Patterns & Solids and used cut-outs and a border from the 8x8 Patterned Paper to decorate the cover and I added a Graphic 45 chipboard element to the closure elastic.
I added a pocket from the Graphic 45 Tags & Pockets to the inside of the front cover and left it open behind so that there are actually two little tuck spots inside the front cover. I made a little cover for the planner from some of the Patterns & Solids paper and reinforced the spine with some Tim Holtz Decor Tape - this will help the cover stand up to being pulled in and out of the elastic binding. I decorated the front of the planner section with a tag from the tags and pockets. I found a free printable Passport-size 2018 calendar at Lady Falcon Travelers - and it is the PERFECT size for this journal.
The Passport Journal Cover is also the perfect size to hold a mini composition book. (I found them at Walmart in packs of 3 for less than $2!) I covered the front of the composition book with paper from the Patterns & Solids and covered the back with plain black cardstock. I'm going to use the notebook to jot down project ideas so I never forget one of my 3 a.m. moments of inspiration!
I added a side tuck spot to the back cover and made a coordinating pen holder using a small black bulldog clip and some green elastic.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today - I hope 2018 is off to a fantastic start for you!

1 comment:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Just realised I've been here before but somehow lost you. Great journal, love it xXx